Adoption Recruiters and Specialists
Florida contracts with community based care agencies and other local partners to provide adoption services by matching children in foster care available for adoption with families willing to open their homes and hearts to children needing a "forever family." The adoption specialists who work for these local agencies are experts in helping a child and family find each other, guiding them through the adoption process, and providing them with information and support. Find your local Adoption Recruiter or Specialist.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals who are Adoption Competent
Don't let problems get the better of you, professional help can be found in many places. Licensed Mental Health Professionals in your community who have completed Adoption Competency training specialize in helping adoptive families.
- Locate a Licensed Mental Health Professional in your area.
- Download a list of Licensed Mental Health Professionals in your area.
Post Adoption Services Counselors
There also are Post Adoption Services Counselors throughout the state who can help you and your family. These counselors are here to assist you and your family as you go through your post adoption journey.
- Locate a Post Adoption Services Counselor in your area.
- Download a list of Post Adoption Services Counselors in your area.
Florida Adoptive Parent Support Groups
In addition to services and counselors, support groups are a great way to learn from others and can be found in most communities.
- Locate an Adoptive Parent Support Group in your area.
- Download a list of Adoptive Parent Support Groups in your area.
Licensed Adoption Agencies
A full list of Licensed Agencies in Florida is available for download. Licensed Adoption Agencies in Florida.